- Both take a copy of the poem that you are going to read together.
- Begin by seeing if the person you are working with would like to read aloud - will one of you volunteer? Or could you take turns to read a couple of
lines at a time?
Questions to ask:
- When you have read the piece ask your partner if they recognise it?
- Do they know the author?
- Which words stick out? Maybe write a list of the words that you particularly like.
- Which phrases do you like?
- Which is your favourite line?
- What kind of place is being described?
- What kind of picnic is being described?
- Who is at the picnic?
- Finish off by reading the poem for one final time.
What you will need /
- A copy each of the poem
- The_Picnic_POEM.pdf ( pdf 37KB )