- Lay out the three picnic inspired images to look at - it helps if you present images one per page, and if you each have a copy of each different image.
- Begin by having a general look at the images - encourage your partner to pick up images and look at them in more detail.
- Once you have had time to have a relaxed look at the images ask your partner if they can pick which is their favourite image.
When they have chosen you could ask:
- What image have they chosen?
- What can they see in the picture?
- Why did they choose that image? What do they like about it?
- How would you both describe the image?
- If you had to describe the image with a single word what word would you use?
You could also:
- Pick one of the images and tell the story of what is happening in the image.
- Who can you see?
- Where are they?
- What are they doing?
- Why are they doing it?
- How do they feel about being there?
- As you respond to the questions write down everything that you say to create a simple piece of creative writing.
- Finish by reading back the writing that you have created, and asking your partner if they can come up with a title for it.
What you will need /
- Printed picnic themed images
- A pen and paper
- Picnic_Images.pdf ( pdf 2.0MB )