- Cut out cardboard into the shape of a kite - you need to cut out enough so there is at least one each.
- Cut tissue paper into long strips - enough so that there are about 5 for each of you
- Decorate one or two kites yourself so that you have examples to show your partner, or have images of a completed kite.
- Lay out all the materials ready.
What to do:
- Say you are both going to make a kite out of cardboard - show the ones that you have made or images of complete kites as examples to give ideas.
- Both choose how to decorate your kite using the materials that have been provided.
- As you are working it can be nice to play gentle music in the background to set the scene.
- Once you have decorated your kites choose a few strips to use as the tail. Attach your tails using glue or tape.
When your kites are finished:
- Look at all the kites you have made.
- What do you like about each other’s design?
- Has you ever flown a kite?
- Where did you fly it?
- What is it like flying a kite?
- What kind of day does it need to be?
What you will need /
- Cardboard cut into kite shapes
- A selection of coloured pens and pencils
- Stickers and other things to decorate kites
- Tissue paper cut into strips - various colours