- Prepare a couple of different picnic foods to try.
- You will need a couple of different ones.
- Ideas include: a selection of little sandwiches, scotch eggs, sausage rolls, quiche, cloudy lemonade.
What to do:
- Present the different foods that you have gathered - write down everything that you both say about the food as this will be used to make a piece of creative writing.
- Begin by looking at the whole spread of food.
- Which food do you recognise?
- Which do you like the look of?
- Does the food look tasty?
- Next ask your partner to pick the food that they would like to eat. Each take a sample of that food.
- As you eat it ask what it tastes like?
- What does it remind you both of?
- How would you make that food?
- What is the texture as you handle and eat it?
- Is it a food you have eaten before? Where did you eat it?
- Go through each food that you have got asking similar questions.
- End the activity by reading back the words that you have written down - this will take the form of a simple poem.
- Ask your partner if they can come up with a name for the poem that you have created.
- Read the poem one final time, or ask your partner to read it.
What you will need /
- A selection of picnic foods
- Paper towels or napkins to clean your hands
- Pen and paper