- Lay out a large sheet of paper with “A Perfect Picnic…” written in large writing in the middle, with a large square drawn around it to represent a picnic blanket. Leave space around the edge of the drawn blanket so there is room to write ideas too.
- Explain that you are going to think about a dream picnic and the different things that you would need to make that happen.
- As you answer questions and talk write or draw you ideas on the paper - write things about food and drink on the “blanket” that you have drawn and things about location, company,weather…etc….around the “blanket”.
Questions to ask:
- Where would you go for a picnic?
- What kind of place would it be?
- What would you be able to see in that place?
- What would you be able to hear?
- How would you get to your picnic?
- How long would it take you to get there?
- Who would be with you on your picnic?
- Why would you like them to be there?
- What food would you choose to eat?
- Why would you choose that food?
- What would you like to drink?
- Why would you like that drink?
- What would you do apart from eating and drinking?
- If you could sum up your picnic in three words which would you use?
- Once you have exhausted discussion read back the things that have been written down.
- If possible find a place on the wall to display the piece of work that you have created and come back to it for discussion at a later date.
- Do you still agree with the things that you have written?
- Is there anything you would change?
- Is there anything you would add?
What you will need /
- A large sheet of paper (lining paper is perfect)
- A selection of coloured pens and pencils